Monday, July 18, 2011

Journey to Califonia - Hyper speed

It's been a few days since I posted about my trip. I somewhat expedited my journey to California because I got anxious and wanted to see what I was in for here!
But before I got to California, I went through Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona....

TEXAS - there was a serious lightning storm on my drive, as the sun went down the clouds rolled in and the lightning started...
It was super dark to the North of me, and bright and sunny to the South
Texas was uneventful, just went through Amarillo and saw the town. Not my cup of tea unfortunately, but everyone was nice and there were plenty of Native American truck stops to see.

Next up New Mexico
Pretty sure every house (including townhomes) were Adobe style...so strange to see row homes that were made out of clay! You definitely have to absorb the style/culture out here if you want to live in New Mexico...
 The mountains and desert...there is hardly any growth out here, makes me miss the lush green grass in Minnesota
New Mexico has a pretty nice "wine country" surprisingly...I was given lots of good information and tips on what to see on my way to California

Me in front of the grapes
The self photos are getting to be too much!!
The inside of the winery
 May I take this HUGE barrel of wine!! hehehe

The outside pond area, it was very nice, I just wish I had someone to have wine and a conversation with!
So that was New Mexico, it was super hot, probably similar to the heat Minnesota is having right now!

Next I drove through Arizona with a big stop in Flagstaff
Although I don't like the desert, it sure was a sight to see with rocks, mountains, and big white clouds...Please enjoy the landscape/scenery photos






 This is one of my favorites, the sun is just peeking over this mountain! so pretty!


That just about wraps up his journey from Oklahoma through Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona!
Next will be pictures of the beach, the Pacific Ocean, and CALIFORNIA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment