Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tip: Bake Cookies for that Fresh-Baked-Cookies Smell

Wowza Weekend!
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, it was pretty nice here in Minnesota. The sun was shining for the most part and the temperatures were in the 40s and 50s. Don't be fool though, this will change drastically over the next week or two! Hello Winter!

Friday, my sister and I had an emergency sister visit with the carefree-committee (AKA Me!). We watched Crazy Stupid Love, which could likely trump my love for the Notebook say wha??. We enjoyed some yummy food from Friday's and I had a BEER! whoop! I had to make up for the beer I didn't enjoy on Thursday (more on this later). I left my sister's place in a great mood, excited that good things were to come for her!

Saturday was of course, a lengthy 60-minute yoga session, which I mentioned here. I treated my Granny and Grempa to dinner at Cassidy's where the waitress was terribly abrasive and rude and the food was OK.
Except for when I found a hair, literally baked into my chicken. I was surprised at my ability to hold back projectile vomiting. I have a good picture of it, but my phone is acting up! grrrr

DAYLIGHT savings today!!!!! woohoo! I spent my morning drinking pumpkin spice coffee, working on some marketing and law things, and laundry!
I threw in Jane Austen Book Club and decided to make my apartment smell like fresh-baked-cookies...
I experimented with different additions to Tollhouse recipe. I added quick oats for a more oatmeal-type cookie with peanut butter chips in some and mint chips in others.

They went in like this:
and came out like this:

I think I will call them my "crusty-mint cookies" or "crusty-peanut butter cookies" They came out with a much more crusty type edge and a gooey center. In other words, DELICIOUS. I plan to bring them to work just to annoy people who are trying to "cut-back"!! hehehe

I suppose you might be wondering about my date. Well we went out Thursday to Soprano's and it was fun. I felt like I did the majority of the talking which I equate to my personality, however, after the second date I know it was because of the awkward personality of my date! Eeek.
One of my many pet peeves is when someone I barely know, teases me about my clothes. Don't say "did you get those jeans on sale since they didn't finish making them" if I have a hole in my jeans. Hello, I don't know you well enough to take that in a carefree way! Also, polo shirts are dead. Stop wearing them. I have decided I need someone that is more grown up than that...enter another man who has caught my eye. He is tall, blonde (I know right!), smart, solid career, and just turned 30. The only downside: he shared the same name as another guy I have dated recently. Well sort of recently...like summer 2010. I guess it doesn't really bother me because he is so opposite! I just have to either wait for him to make a move or get the guts to ask him out. Whats a girl to do??

Last thing I want to talk about is my Thanksgiving Day challenge (or 18 day challenge). My goal isn't to lose weight, my goal is to eat healthy, exercise in some form everyday, and not have a lick of alcohol until Thanksgiving day. I need to amp up my exercise in preparation for full marathon training which will start in December, but I figure smaller milestones are more realistic! I want to cleanse my soul! And I really think yoga in the mornings is contributing to my link to serenity. I feel more at peace than ever. So if you want, join me in my mental, physical, and emotional cleanse before the holiday season!!

Now to break away with a cup of cider and a good book. Goodnight, eh!


No comments:

Post a Comment