Mother Nature is a fickle thing. Or woman. She definitely doesn't take anyone's opinion into consideration when she lets the wind blow, the snow fall, or the tsunami hit. This weekend though, she gave Minnesota a treat of mid-50s and sunny. Perfect running weather. Perfect day to get back on running track. I am determined to shave at least 45 minutes of my 4:54:55 time from last year's Fargo Marathon. And not run it on an injury!
So here I go....
A quick stretch, then its off on a 4 miles run (approximately). I stopped at the gym for a quick circuit training session (about 25 minutes) then ran home. I am working on incorporating speed work into my running to strengthen my "running muscles." With that being said I do my cycle as: 1 city block a regular running pace, then 1 city block running as fast as I can, then one city block at a more mild running pace. It always feel so great after I run as fast as I can! It reminds me of that Friends episode where Phoebe runs like a kid with her arms flailing and not a single care in the world! Best feeling EVER!
And of course, as you know I am doing yoga more often. Like every single day. Today is no different. After my run and workout, I came right home and got on my mat. It was awesome. There honestly is no better feeling than after a great workout!
After all that working out it was time for my date! And by date I mean a date with my favorite person in the world, my sister. We say Immortals, which was definitely visually stimulating (hello Henry Cavill) and we had yummy popcorn and spinach/pesto lasagna in the crock pot (say wha?). It was the best date I have had in a long time. I even got a FBH (full body hug) at the end. More on this at a later date!
Anyways, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! See you guys a little later, I got to hit my mat again!
No comments:
Post a Comment