Girls are dumber for the simple fact that we put up with losers and endure heartbreak because we "love him"
Bull.
Love can only go so far until reality sets in and you find out he has been cheating or something else. Is that how we show our "love" by sleeping with another person? If it is, I am joining a convent.
This guy:
You know this guy. This handsome guy stole your heart and then proceeded to crush it under his Italian leather dress shoes, or hoodlum sneakers. You decide. He got you to love him and then completely blew you off. He is good at what he does, that whole heart-breaking business. Its sad really because the heart he is breaking may be the only one that will ever love him again, but he doesn't really care because he is getting what he wants from you.
I, myself, have had my heart broken before. It wasn't pretty. But I got through it with friends and family. I would like to say it made me "stronger" but in truth I am still pretty weak when it comes to this person. Thank god they live far away!!! And thank god I have a sister who will give it to me straight (love ya).
Here are some rules to live by:
- Don't waste your time running after a guy that doesn't want you. There is someone out there that does and you are wasting time!
- Don't fall for a loser, then put up with him, his ex-wife (not quite), and his kids only to have him go back to his psycho ex-wife and dumping you.
- And certainly don't beat yourself up because he chose some lower human being as a mate over being with the perfect, smart, successful, witty, and beautiful you. He is the one who made the error.
- Don't take him back after he dumps you because of love. Pay attention to the signs, he dumped you for a reason, it is never going to work. Get over it.
- Don't assume he is sitting there crying over your break up. He isn't. He is out having a ball as a single guy. Take a page from his book and get back into the game!
I miss the days when my grandparents got married and you went off, saw the world, and then found your mate to live with happily ever after. That doesn't happen anymore. These days, life is about sex, dirty bitches (excuse the expression, Kirstie Alley used it on Leno this week), wearing ill-fitting clothes, and making money. Chivalry is indeed dead.
Oh Clark, where have all the Clarks gone?!
And truthfully, there are many women out there that are guilty of the above mentioned things. I am not one of them.
Alright, I am over this rant now. I am sure there will be others, so don't get too excited.
On to more positive things, is it weird that I could not wait to get home today to have this for dinner?
This is egg whites with green peppers and spinach, green beans with Szechuan sauce, and finally cottage cheese with grape tomatoes. I am so happy to have my taste-buds back after being sick. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I was sick!!
The month of December will be a fun month to read a lot. Specifically about running. Training for 3 marathons will start Jan. 1st, so I want to get all my preparation done beforehand. Here is a list of the books:
I can't wait for serious training again, I am going to run Fargo, Grandma's (if I can get it, its a lottery), and for sure the Twin Cities marathon. I am so super pumped!
Alright, back to some research and various other tasks, but before I go, here is pic of my brand new camera...
Sorry, the mirror is a bit dusty. Its a Nikon Coolpix L105 and I love it.
Goodnight everyone and happy December!!


No comments:
Post a Comment