Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween: Fargo Style

My co-worker Beth and I went as "thing 1" and "thing 2" for our Halloween Rally!! It was super fun and EVERYONE dressed up! I don't normally like Halloween and I hate trying to come up with a clever costume, but this year was fun!

Just making trouble, you know, playing the "thing" part!

On Friday my sister, Melissa, and I had a baking extravaganza!! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share yet, but they are coming soon! We made shrimp and pesto linguine for dinner, then it was pumpkin cheesecake bites and pumpkin muffins adapted from Jenna at ELR. At minimum, they were INCREDIBLE! I think everyone at work enjoyed them as well!

This weekend was rapid! I woke up early to get on the road to Fargo. The drive, as usual, was boring. It didn't take us very long to decide that my 6ft tall friend should squeeze into my "thing 2" costume and I should go as Lumber Jane!

Doesn't he look thing-ish?!?! Of course, he was a baby and took the dang thing off before we went to the party and my friend Bonitta and my date Eric didn't even dress up! I was in a class of my own in my Lumber Jane outfit.
The party we went to was a housewarming-slash-40th birthday-slash-Halloween party. There were a few things there I would like to share with you:
A cat
Some sort of garlic, corn, sour cream dip
Cat Slippers
And probably one of the most talented "pick-up" musicians I have heard in a long time!
He rocked the house with a fantastic rendition of Bob Seger's "Turn the Page."
It was a successful night of fun and friends. I won't be going back to Fargo for awhile unfortunately, with the holidays coming up and just being busy, but I sure had fun!!

Now try not to get too excited, but I have a date tomorrow. I don't want to say too much but I get to have some yummy Italian food at Soprano's and what I hope is great conversation with a nice, cute, smart boy!! So stay tuned

One last thing before I let you get back to normal life...I am back to BLONDE!! Rocco's did a fantastic job getting me back to my o-naturale hair color....pictures to follow soon.

~Goodnight

2 comments:

  1. Argh! Wish I would have come with. And those pumpkin bites were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you would have come too! Next time though! I can scoop you up on my way!! Glad you liked the pumpkin bites! I am making more and more things to come...I will be bringing a care package to mumsey's!

    ReplyDelete